estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

2 posters

Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG)

Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG) Empty Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG)

Post by Sinic Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 am

I remember seeing on the Forumotion tutorial thing for setting up a forum that you can add in a Like system just like Facebook or any other typical social site, if you know how to Lone, this would be pretty cool to add in, maybe even a negative option, like thumbing down or dislike, just if only you know how to. XD
    The tutorial though, I can't find it, but I think this forum operates just like Forumotion or FreeForum, so just search around a bit.

And also, the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) option I think should be added in for writing comments and topics, and the BBCode should be removed, atleast by default.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYG
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
    Just so app creation and app application editing is much easier and isn't as cramped.
    duckhead666
    duckhead666
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : imafaggot

Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG) Empty Re: Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG)

Post by duckhead666 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Why in god's name would we remove BBCode?

That would prevent things like talking in bold, or even italics. It's also very important to be able to underline important things.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG) Empty Re: Forum-related: liking/rating option (and WYSIWYG)

Post by Sinic Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 am

duckhead666 wrote:Why in god's name would we remove BBCode?

That would prevent things like talking in bold, or even italics. It's also very important to be able to underline important things.
    No, that's not what I mean, I just mean that the WYSIWYG format should be used when writing a message, just that in general, it would make typing topics, formats or comments much easier, and if you wanted to, you could enable or disable it, because under the emoticons legend, there is "HTML is OFF" "BBCode is ON" and "Smilies are ON", if you can enable and disable it there, that'd be pretty nice.

EDIT - If you want an example on what I mean, go to x-hosters.net, sign up there, and try to write a post, comment or topic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:48 am