estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

+4
TooMuchStarbucks
Krazzykidd
Misterjohn
Sinic
8 posters

[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think.

Poll

What do you prefer? Custom models or non-custom models?

[ 13 ]
    [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Bar_left93%[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Bar_right [93%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Bar_left7%[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Empty [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think.

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

^ IF YOU'RE GOING TO POST YOUR OPINION, REMEMBER TO CLICK ONE OF THE VOTE OPTIONS ABOVE! ^

This does not count for custom models like that show different rank and division, like Combine soldiers, I am mainly talking about citizen/refugee models.

Alright, so, everyone has their own opinions? Right? I don't want to be flamed for making this vote, but to be honest, I do NOT like custom models in RP servers, especially ones like HL2RP. Like, for entirely custom gamemodes like SSTRP and SRP, it's pretty much required, so I'm fine with that! :P

I'm not saying like, a custom model for like, a special type of Combine unit or some other canonical non-human character, I'm just saying if we made custom models for donators only.

Now, remember, I don't want to be flamed about this, I've thought twice about it, and I hear from loads of people supporting my beliefs and I hear a few denying what I think.

Here is the reasons why I don't like custom models (like TnB pack), personally for me, and for the server;

NEW PLAYERS =/= TnB - 1. Requires anyone that joined the server to download the pack, which most don't like to do.

SKIN REPLACEMENTS - 2. The TnB pack replaces your rebel/medic skins, your CP OfC and femCP skins to C8 models, slightly alters your citizen skins. And Chancer said that the skins need to stay on or else the extra models themselves wont work. I'm not sure if this is true or not.

OVERPOWERED LOOKING - 3. Most of the models from the TnB pack looks extremely overly badass, you could take out the badass ones, but still, TnB model + resistance uniform = 20 bandoleers of ammunition & military-grade kevlar.

NEW PLAYERS SEEING ERRORS - 4. Some people that join for the first time don't want to see a bunch of ERRORs running around, sure, they can go get the pack, but it isn't welcoming, and yeah, Mitch said that probably most of the RP community has the TnB pack (unless that's just an obvious estimation). [I one time joined Static for the first time, and firs thing I saw was a bunch of ERRORs raping me up in the ass.]

MANDATORY? - 5. HL2RP doesn't desperately need custom models, especially if we are already adding in PAC. Maybe you, Mitch, have been seeing default models for a few years, but you also have been seeing custom models for years as well, and so have some/most of us.

HUGE COMMUNITIES W/ DEFAULT - 6. Slidefuse Networks' HL2CityRP had about 30-50 players a day, and ShitRP's HL2CityRP had 64 players every day until it died, and they used default models, it was fine, and nobody complained, so why do we need it so much? Hell, it was City 18, so everyone had group01 (civvie) and barely anyone had group03/03m (rebel/medic), but like I said, NOBODY complained, and the server was also heavily developed.

MANDATORY? - 7. Maybe it's going to be a completely custom server. But I think compared to other HL2RP servers we are already doing great and we are already heavily/moderately developed.

WHAT WE THINK - 8. There's only a very few people in the playerbase that would prefer TnB models, and most don't like it either, and some even deleted their packs and don't want to redownload them. Sure, this isn't your problem, but just giving you what the community prefer personally.

MANDATORY? - 9. You don't need a cool looking model to roleplay. <_>

ARE DONATIONS THAT IMPORTANT? - 10. I am not sure if this is correct or not. But why would donations be such a priority if it's a home-owned server box? Sure, you may need some for upgrades, but you'll eventually get enough money as time passes by, and our server box can handle our amount of players, the only problem it holds is the mysterious crashes. But still, so we are going to have players come in the server seeing ERRORs and possibly leaving just for 15 dollars for each person that wants a model, which isn't going to be that common? It's not like we pay monthly.

IRREGULAR GROUPING - 11. So, one TnB character and four default characters are standing beside eachother, it's irregular looking, because of the different styles of meshes and such, it's like placing a TF2 prop into an HL2 screenshot, or vise versa.

SUGGESTION - Now, there goes the huge list of derp, sure, maybe everyone is going to look the "same" if we don't add in custom models, but I just thought that maybe we could use the Severance clothing models, and make them an item, which wouldn't be too bad, or just add them to the character creation model list. I personally would prefer the item route though, maybe that'll add in some downloads to the fastDL, but we could probably just use one or two groups from the "casual clothing" group#.

Also, remember, don't start flaming me and such, I tried my best not to make the reasons entirely bias. This is just my opinion. :3

Last edited by Sinic on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 11 times in total
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Empty Re: [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think.

Post by Misterjohn Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:49 pm

I say default models, but with different bodygroups as seperate items. i.e. Different clothing colours, gloves, beanies, etc.
    Krazzykidd
    Krazzykidd
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Mich Redberg

[POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. Empty Re: [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think.

Post by Krazzykidd Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Well personall, though I despise the tnb pack, a handfull of custom models can't hurt that much, aslong as they don't change any current models (I.e. how the TnB pack completely anus rapes your npcs) and don't look souper overpowerd, or uncanon (I.e how the Tnb models are walking around in a combine controlled city with ether bikerjackets, and makeup). I for one, suggest that If we do use custom models, we use some of the models from the HL2 Beta. Ther's a large variaty of citizen modles, aswell as different combine models. A large majority of them look nearly identical facewise to the current HL2 models, and have a varity of differnt cannon citizen clothings. I'll post a screenshot of some of them later.
    :fuckyeah:
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm

It extremely matters. For HL2RP we do not need any new custom models, I will bet you that. The models are made for well, half life in mind; so why change it? For other gamemodes like other forms of RP (Stalker, Metro, Fallout.. and so on), yeah I could understand using custom ones.

The models for HL2RP are more then fine really.
    Misterjohn
    Misterjohn

Character Name : Ronaaalllld mcdawnellld

Post by Misterjohn Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:55 pm

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:It extremely matters. For HL2RP we do not need any new custom models, I will bet you that. The models are made for well, half life in mind; so why change it? For other gamemodes like other forms of RP (Stalker, Metro, Fallout.. and so on), yeah I could understand using custom ones.

Speaking of custom models and metro, I found some metro 2033 models we could use if we ever got an MRP server :megusta:
    Zombie
    Zombie

Character Name : Julian Young

Post by Zombie Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 pm

I vote Defaults.

Newbies will prefer it, and HL2 models already look awesome.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Mitch, if you can Port all the models from Cinematic Mod 11, I will love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hJ7pBv0AQCI

Cinematic Mod trailer because the video function doesn't seem to want to work.

I would personally love these, I also have a couple pictures of the Citizens on my Photobucket. Here is one massive picture.

Doesn't really mean I support adding models, Just a couple like the cinematic mod combine models. That would be fairly awesome.
    [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. D1_trainstation_010000

Last edited by H.Drescher on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Well, I even wonder if we should add in PAC at times, it seems like just an excuse for lazy Lone and Mitch not to add in items. XD

In their beta screenshots, they had the surgical mask working.

Imagine a surgical mask + Hudson. Holy derpness.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

You could probally instead of adding the citizens, which are by the way up to over 100000 polygons or something and have CUSTOM facemeshes, ETC. Like the Combine soliders, they look pretty good and are fairly realistic.
    TooMuchStarbucks
    TooMuchStarbucks

Post by TooMuchStarbucks Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm

H.Drescher wrote:Mitch, if you can Port all the models from Cinematic Mod 11, I will love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hJ7pBv0AQCI

Cinematic Mod trailer because the video function doesn't seem to want to work.

I would personally love these, I also have a couple pictures of the Citizens on my Photobucket. Here is one massive picture.

The models look great, but they look extremely highly detailed which can be a problem for weaker machines. Also I think we would need permission from FakeFactory to do so?
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 pm

You would probably wouldn't need permission from FakeFactory for taking the models as long as you give proper credits and not modify them in anyway, I wouldn't really want Citizens, Just the combine characters which look very nice, Here are some screenshots.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=98333
    Krazzykidd
    Krazzykidd
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Mich Redberg

Post by Krazzykidd Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/id/krazzykidd/screenshot/504640756393310031/?
    from that point on are screen shots I just took of a handfull of beta models.check'em out bros :awwyeah:
    Mitch
    Mitch

Character Name : Jesse Szymanski

Post by Mitch Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:53 pm

TooMuchStarbucks wrote:It extremely matters. For HL2RP we do not need any new custom models, I will bet you that. The models are made for well, half life in mind; so why change it? For other gamemodes like other forms of RP (Stalker, Metro, Fallout.. and so on), yeah I could understand using custom ones.

This is The Outlands not your generic hl2rp
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Mitch wrote:This is The Outlands not your generic hl2rp
    I've seen a lot of Outlands server, and Slidefuse/ShitRP was more heavily developed than us with 30-64 players EVERY SINGLE DAY and they weren't a "generic HL2RP". And they also used default models and didn't have any problems with it, and nobody else did either.

Just because the name was changed to "The Outlands" doesn't mean it's any different and considered as the most custom server in the world, it's still HL2RP, just a different name obviously, and the only thing I found is awesome/unique about us is the ammo clip system, water/food usage and the idea of using rp_apocalypse (thought by Stallion and I).

And what's most important about us is our;

CANON

and

AWESOME PLAYERBASE <3

Last edited by Sinic on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 8 times in total
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 pm

We aren't Generic because the resistance lives in a super happy go fun time bunker with a nuke, a dangerous nerotoxin, and an advanced A.I Capable of freewill.

Obviously not generic.
    Mitch
    Mitch

Post by Mitch Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Sinic wrote:
    Mitch wrote:This is The Outlands not your generic hl2rp
    I've seen a lot of Outlands server, and Slidefuse/ShitRP was more heavily developed than us with 30-64 players EVERY SINGLE DAY and they weren't a "generic HL2RP". And they also used default models and didn't have any problems with it, and nobody else did either.

Just because the name was changed to "The Outlands" doesn't mean it's any different and considered as the most custom server in the world, it's still HL2RP, just a different name obviously, and the only thing I found is awesome/unique about us is the ammo clip system, water/food usage and the idea of using rp_apocalypse (thought by Stallion and I).

And what's most important about us is our;

CANON

and

AWESOME PLAYERBASE <3

You don't know what Lone and I's plans were.

We released the server to the public way before it was finished. It was originally going to be completely custom.

So if I add custom models (Not meaning Tnb pack) you are just going to have to deal with a content pack. Like most servers.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Mitch wrote:You don't know what Lone and I's plans were.

We released the server to the public way before it was finished. It was originally going to be completely custom.

So if I add custom models (Not meaning Tnb pack) you are just going to have to deal with a content pack. Like most servers.

So you're going to let down 90% of your community? Or what's most likely 90%? Since that 1 vote for "Custom Models" was just you?

Completely custom doesn't have to mean all these models and such, and before Esoteric even came up, I was told that you guys didn't use all these model packs, and I went "Yay! :D <3", now I'm hearing that you are all gonna add custom models because this server is going to be "entirely custom".

Also, trust me, if DOMINUS were thinking about removing custom models, and majority of the votes were to remove them (like, mofocking Dominus, the biggest custom-model-junkies and largest sex-RP-hub out there) then I think we should start thinking twice. XD

Also, if you want to be an entirely-custom server, don't use HL2RP (but keep doing it, HL2RP is da bomb :3)
    Mitch
    Mitch

Post by Mitch Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Biggest sex rp hub? lol You should see how the server is when your not on.

Trust me I have a lot of videos and screens.

I'm not going crazy with it either. I was basically going to do what Mister John said about the body groups and what not.
    Then let PAC do the rest.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Mitch wrote:Biggest sex rp hub? lol You should see how the server is when your not on.

Trust me I have a lot of videos and screens.

I'm not going crazy with it either. I was basically going to do what Mister John said about the body groups and what not.
    Then let PAC do the rest.
    IMPOSSIBRU, IT CAN'T BE WAS BAD AS DOMINUS, BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T SEEN THIS YET!
    [POLL] Keep default? Or add in custom models? What I think. 10fnggy
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Moved to Outlands Discussion forum.
    CrazierCaptDice
    CrazierCaptDice

Post by CrazierCaptDice Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Quite personally, I think a mix would be best. Don't add hundreds of custom models, just the ones that don't break the canon, and the ones the community, you know, actually likes and uses! I just think we shouldn't use a whole you know, 500 MB TnB pack. It get's me mad since we hardly ever use all of it, and, don't put out the ones that reskin the rebel models. It get's me mad that we have Terminator style rebels. Well we don't but I mean when we did, because I'm sure all of us played on a server that required us to do that right? I mean the most custom models I'd be willing to accept would be about 40 MB at the max. I'm not exactly sure how many models that exactly means but, whatever. I support keeping us mostly custom free, except for favorited models. And non-canon models are a NO in my opinion.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:27 pm

This was a problem back in like March or something when Mitch, the old co-owner, was the temporary owner because Lone was gone for a long time, and started doing shit and was also going to add in PAC and custom donator models and stuff, it's not a problem anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 am