estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

5 posters

A new idea on faction battles - -

Xeanos
    Xeanos

A new idea on faction battles - - Empty A new idea on faction battles - -

Post by Xeanos Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 am

Yesterday, The Metro-Police and the forces of the Resistance had a shoot-out in the mouth of the water-ways.
    It was a complete mess. It wasn't anybodies fault, it was everybodies fault. Nobody did any valid roleplay or injury roleplay. However, I've devised a system. Why not get an Operator or somebody of equal or superior standing to over look a faction battle? To enforce who is injured and who is not. It wouldn't involve things like 'Choosing a victor' but it would involve things like making /events whenever someone has been injured by a bullet.

Its just my idea but I believe it would be a warm addition to the server and the ways that the server is operated.

Discuss.
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

A new idea on faction battles - - Empty Re: A new idea on faction battles - -

Post by Lone Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm

This shall be forever Sinic's job.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:57 pm

The CPs had nothing to do with the mess at all, I never shot a single person except for anybody that came up really close to me with their fists only while the resistance just started becoming butthurt due to the fact that we got more injured than them, so, like how the world does, they do what others do like little kids, and start to S2K people that were in cover and somehow allowed people to do a banzai charge without fear roleplay at all.

I like the idea though, but its pretty obvious about that, that one operator is just me, and I had to be involved in that roleplay because.
    1) I lead the attack for the 04s till the 01 came.
    2) To atleast make a fair team of CPs.

The only problem with the fight was the fact some smartass, instead of retreating, sent melee users to their death, hell, they even sent melee users in the first place and actually allowed a guy named "'Cheesburger' Eddy" to grab hold a sledgehammer, allow him to troll the server, allow him to make a black character that smells like rotten meat and chee- you get it, I'm still pissed that I got attacked by a hammering black guy.

Also the fact that we were just about to go and retreat until the resistance just attacks up, that is a stupid move, maybe it creates more roleplay, but you may as well did that before, because who would attack retreating CPs? We only just killed your idiotic refugees that were moving about outside. :C
    Zombie
    Zombie

Character Name : Julian Young

Post by Zombie Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Personally, I thought the error in the event was the role play itself. When two people are role playing in an attempt to kill each other, each will argue that they've won. I think there should be more /rolls and Administrative judging with a lot less crying being the result.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Zombie wrote:Personally, I thought the error in the event was the role play itself. When two people are role playing in an attempt to kill each other, each will argue that they've won. I think there should be more /rolls and Administrative judging with a lot less crying being the result.
    A /roll makes the roleplay even worse, a CP vs. an untrained rebel with asspawned weaponry, if a CP loses the roll, that makes no logical sense, most of the time the CP will win compared to the resistance.
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post by Zombie Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Sinic wrote:
    Zombie wrote:Personally, I thought the error in the event was the role play itself. When two people are role playing in an attempt to kill each other, each will argue that they've won. I think there should be more /rolls and Administrative judging with a lot less crying being the result.
    A /roll makes the roleplay even worse, a CP vs. an untrained rebel with asspawned weaponry, if a CP loses the roll, that makes no logical sense, most of the time the CP will win compared to the resistance.

:ohshit: I see what you mean.

But do you see what I mean about everyone trying win? Shit won't get done. How about /rolls at close range, s2m at long (of course), admin judgement of the /me's, and Maybe the use of NPCs?
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Zombie wrote::ohshit: I see what you mean.

But do you see what I mean about everyone trying win? Shit won't get done. How about /rolls at close range, s2m at long (of course), admin judgement of the /me's, and Maybe the use of NPCs?
    Well, there's a few ways we can do this.

Slidefuse ROE - S2K, no matter where you are, can turn out into a complete mess, but it's fast paced, which is pretty fun, but people doing /me's can get shot easily, and like I said, a complete mess, and people will complain. I was a 04 trying to help another crawling unit, while I was doing a /me, I got shot, but, meh, whatever.
    S2I, S2M, /me with logic - The two players should have a good understanding who is better at what, if so, people Play2Lose, and other's Play2Win (trust me, I P2L alot while the other guy is a hardass P2W), this makes it completely bias, depending on how ignorant they are.
    S2I, S2M, S2K w/ RP - Pretty much what the name says.

Note - sorry if this doesn't make sense, I have to go do something. <3
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post by Zombie Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I think Some NPC Weebles and Cumbeans would fill it up a bit. No time to /me, just sticking to your buddies and breaking faces.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Sinic Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Zombie wrote:I think Some NPC Weebles and Cumbeans would fill it up a bit. No time to /me, just sticking to your buddies and breaking faces.
    The GMod Combine are set to like, "Very Easy" difficulty, or something, like more easy to kill than in Half-Life 2.

Now, if you got an empty map with a bit of cover, set Half-Life 2 to "Hard", and spawned five Combine soldiers with AR2s versus five rebels with AR2s, the Combine will most likely win.

But in GMod, the resistance aim is like, aimbot, and the Combine aim worse than a Stormtrooper from Star Wars.
    H.Drescher
    H.Drescher

Character Name : blerygan rynauew

Post by H.Drescher Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 am

Sums it all up in a nutshell. In reality, it shouldn't really be used unless you know the person you are with is mingy, then you should probably request an admin to ghost you so you can both make realistic choices.
    Zombie
    Zombie

Post by Zombie Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Maybe the RP outcome should be determined by one or more judging admins? Each player presents their /mes and depending on intricacy, timing, phrasing, rogic, and other variables the RP will flow rather nicely, but it should be very controlled and smooth. No 45-minute arguments about who will be back.

:fuckyeah:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am