estrik ripley

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no longer rp

5 posters

Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Alan White

Storyline / Faction Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Post by Lone Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm re-working the stats of zombie npcs such as their speed, damage, and health so it's realistic. I'm pretty much just trying prevent players from simply ass-pulling 14 M249s with 9001 rounds of ammunition and mowing down anything in sight. It's going to be a game based on survival and resources, not killing as many zombies as you can like Left 4 Dead. It's going to be a challenge to find secure shelter, clean water, food, and weapons that will actually defend you from what's out there. Zombies are a major part of the story line, but your character will really be more concerned about what else is out there, and what can happen to him now that there's no police, or even a stable society to add himself to. The game is going to be built around thing such as trusting others, and managing resources. You could run out of food with your group of "friends", and end up getting stabbed in the back by them over trivial things like that, all while having to worry about the possibility of getting infected. It's not built around having tons of guns and mowing things down, it's about survival. If we where to even add in player-zombies, it would not be for donators, it would be strictly event and admin only. Having the ability to infect others directly and completely wreck their character development should be restricted as much as possible, and left to develop in game. Just my two cents.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Storyline / Faction Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Storyline / Faction Suggestions

Post by Sinic Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Lone wrote:I'm re-working the stats of zombie npcs such as their speed, damage, and health so it's realistic. I'm pretty much just trying prevent players from simply ass-pulling 14 M249s with 9001 rounds of ammunition and mowing down anything in sight. It's going to be a game based on survival and resources, not killing as many zombies as you can like Left 4 Dead. It's going to be a challenge to find secure shelter, clean water, food, and weapons that will actually defend you from what's out there. Zombies are a major part of the story line, but your character will really be more concerned about what else is out there, and what can happen to him now that there's no police, or even a stable society to add himself to. The game is going to be built around thing such as trusting others, and managing resources. You could run out of food with your group of "friends", and end up getting stabbed in the back by them over trivial things like that, all while having to worry about the possibility of getting infected. It's not built around having tons of guns and mowing things down, it's about survival. If we where to even add in player-zombies, it would not be for donators, it would be strictly event and admin only. Having the ability to infect others directly and completely wreck their character development should be restricted as much as possible, and left to develop in game. Just my two cents.
    Holy fuck that was the longest and more grammatical thing I've ever seen you post on this forum since the beginning of Outlands.

But I see what you mean, but still, lack of AI nodes, asdfadsfasdfasasdfasfacs.

Last edited by Sinic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Lone Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Meanwhile inside Lone's mind... Oh wait.

But yeah, we can probably fix that or something.
    Sinic
    Sinic
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Character Name : Darnell Jackson

Post by Sinic Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Lone wrote:Meanwhile inside Lone's mind... Oh wait.

But yeah, we can probably fix that or something.
    pro lone coding development cycle of lone development
    Lone
    Lone
    Esoteric Servers
    Esoteric Servers

Post by Lone Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

you're damn skippy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am